Welcome to The Invisible Vision Project’s Blog.
A brand new year has just begun, it is now officially 2018! Happy New Year to you all, and I hope all of you are off to a good start!
For this first blog of the year, I’d like to begin by expressing my deepest gratefulness and thankfulness for all of you, all of my fellow readers and followers on The Invisible Vision Project, thank you so very much for being a part of the family. It is unbelievable to think that The Invisible Vision Project will soon be celebrating its second anniversary (in March). I’ve been enjoying blogging since the day I started, and it has helped me in many ways-especially with writing [if you didn’t know, English isn’t my native language, so I’m not very confident and comfortable with my writing…but, I think, I’ve made some progress along the way!].
Also, because this is the first blog of the year, this will be a New Year’s Goals and Resolution type of blog.
So, for the new year of 2018:
- The first and VERY IMPORTANT goal for me in 2018 is to keep those dear to me very close. I’m so very thankful for the positive people I now have in my life, whether I met them in real life or I ‘met’ them online through social media. I want to keep these people close, because, they are the very precious people to me, and I want to spend as much time with them and create happy memories together. Life is too short, we never know what will happen to us or to those around us. So, it is important to do what we can, while we can.
- The second goal I have for 2018 is to be responsible-especially with my health. Personally, I’d like to think I’m a fairly responsible person (at least for the most part, and I think many people would agree with me). But, the truth is, I’m not very responsible with my health. It was very ironic that last year when I wrote a blog about Accept and Know Your Limits and, the very next day, I had pushed myself way beyond my limits and ended up in trouble with my health. For 2018, I want to be real with myself, and really seriously take care of myself and my health!
- The third goal is to stay away and let go of negative and unhelpful people. For a long time in the past, I couldn’t let go of things, even knowing that they aren’t very helpful, which includes unhelpful people. I did this not only because I was stubborn, but also because I was craving for acceptance, attention, and love [Yes, even from unhelpful people, because I didn’t have many or any helpful people at that time]. But now, it’s time to change that, because I now have many helpful and supportive people in my life. So, instead of trying my hardest to change unhelpful people, it is now time to let them go, and to ‘let myself go’ as well. And now, I’m ready to make that change.
- In 2018, I definitely wish to continue with my advocacy and public speaking work, and so far, I’ve only been focused on disability and Vision Loss [as that is what’s more relevant to me]. But, I’m also hoping to expand to other areas that I also have interest and passion for, especially issues with gender and mental health. [That being said, stay tuned, new blogging contents coming soon!]. And, I also wish to have more opportunities in public speaking, for the second half of 2017, I was not very actively involved in public speaking, due to many reasons, but, I’m now ready and open to more speaking opportunities!
- Also in 2018, I’m hoping to read more books, especially books in self-help, motivation and inspiration. I’ve enjoyed reading some really useful and helpful books in 2017, so, I’m looking forward to find and read more books of such kind in 2018-and if you have any suggestions, please share!
- Finally in 2018, I’m very excited and looking forward to finally finishing my second undergraduate degree-Yes! I think I should be able to graduate before 2019! [if everything goes accordingly that is]. I’m really looking forward to graduation and to move forward. I’m also hoping to pursue a Masters degree in the near future, even though I know it won’t be easy, and it may take a long time, but, that’s what I want to do, so I will just go for it!
This may not be a very long list of goals and resolution for the new year, but, at least, these are very important, and realistic for me. It doesn’t matter the number of goals and achievements I set for myself each year, but, what’s important is whether these goals are achievable or not. No one is able to do a million things at a time, so just start by doing one thing at a time is enough. I’m really excited for this year, with a fresh start and new surprises and challenges! Let it be a good year, 2018!
This concludes today’s blog, thank you for reading to the end!
By: The Invisible Vision Project
Leave a Reply