Welcome to The Invisible Vision Project’s Blog.
It is very exciting to announce that The Invisible Vision Project is starting a new Series, it is, the Guest Blog Posts/Interviews series. With the launch of this series, it opens doors for blogger interaction. It gives opportunity for bloggers to learn from and with one another. If you are a blogger (or you know a blogger) that is interested in working with other bloggers, you could get involved in one of the two ways: you are absolutely welcomed to write a blog post for The Invisible Vision Project; or, you could also participate in Guest Blogger Interviews. And, maybe you are interested in both options, that’s totally fine too!
Anyhow, we have a first Guest Blogger Interview for today! Our guest blogger is Amanda Gene Nelson, She’s a very lovely young woman and, she is also one of many blogger friends I made since I started blogging. So, without further ado, let’s dive right into the interview:
- Please briefly introduce yourself.
Hi, I’m Amanda Gene. I live in the United States. I’m a freelance writer, and in my spare time I like to read and play with my two-year old Pit Bull named Duke.
- What are your hobbies and interests?
I like to read, and talk with my friends.
- Name your strengths?
Write and reading.
And your lackings?
I am not sure what I’m lacking. I’ll have to get back to you on that.
- What is the highest level of education you have completed so far?
I have my Bachelors of Arts majoring in Journalism with a minor in professional education.
- What is your current occupation?
Currently, I do not have a job, however I write and I help support charities that I feel strongly about.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
I hope to have my own business and I am able to travel. I want to also have my Master’s degree.
- Describe one of your proudest moment in your life.
One of the proudest moments in my life was graduating from high school with a regular rather then a special education diploma.
- What is your biggest fear in life?
Losing people I love, and letting myself and my family down.
- Please tell us about your blog
I write about disabilities, including my own, day in the life, etc.
What is the title of your blog?
The title of my blog is Amanda Gene.
When did you first get into blogging and Why did you start?
I first went into blogging as a freshmen in college. It was part of the course requirements and I loved it.
- How would you describe your blogging style?
My blogging style? I would say be as honest as possible.
- Who has impacted you the most in blogging?
I guess my family and my best friend who cheers me on.
- How active are you on your blog and approximately, how much time do you spend blogging?
I blog once to two times a week.
- Have you ever faced a challenging moment in your blogging journey so far? Once one of my posts did not save right, it was published and I lost over half my followers overnight. Now I am working hard to get to my target goal of followers by the fall of this year.
- In the future, where do you hope your blog will take you?
I hope my blog will allow me to travel around the world.
- What would be one piece of advice you would give to first time bloggers?
Get someone to look over your blogs before you publish them, and do not give up. Keep blogging.
A huge shout out and thank you to Amanda for being the first to participate in the Guest Blogger Interviews and, thank you all for reading! Once again, if you are interested in working with The Invisible Vision Project, please get in touch by clicking on the social media icons on this website or, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, you don’t need to be a disability blogger to get involved, any bloggers welcomed! Thank you!
By: The Invisible Vision Project